Saturday, June 04, 2005

The Socrates Circle: Of Beggars and Begging

Take a look at the article I've linked to here...

It's an odd topic, not something you think about everyday.... ....Beggars....
And here's a question -

Q: Should one give alms to a beggar or not ?

It's not a very simple question to answer - atleast I dont think so - there are just a tremendous number of things associated with a question - some would associate beggars with Poverty, others with Society ('as just what is'); I'd add religion, racism, casteism, ethics, karma, crime, government, children... the list goes on and on....


So tell me what you think - and dont be inhibited about it - just avoid expletives in your answers. I'll put up more questions like this one, each with a grand deal of open-endedness - you're entitled to your opinion, and to keeping convictions... but are you true to them? Let's think about that one....

Add: Why did I delete the comments ?

No comments: